What are cookies?
2. They are used to ‘remember’ when your computer or device accesses our websites. Cookies are essential for the effective operation of our websites and to help you deal with us online. They are also used to tailor the products and services offered and advertised to you, both on our websites and elsewhere.
Here is a list of the cookies used on our website, and their functions:
This cookie is created when you first visit our website, and is created to provide basic site function, such as usage of the shopping basket, discount codes, and account logins. Once the session is finished, this cookie is removed from the computer. You can disable this cookie through your browser settings, however doing so will prevent this site from working correctly on your device.
These cookies are used by Google Analytics, to allow basic usage tracking of activity on the website. This allows us to analyze vistor information, such as Browser usage, new vistor number, time on site, and most popularly viewed pages. This information is not open to the public, and does not contain any personal information.
These cookies may remain on your computer from thirty minutes to 2 years. This is so that if you revisit our site, you are not tracked as a new visitor but as a returning visitor. You may clear these cookies at any point by clearing your browser's browsing data, or opt out of Google Analytics entirely using the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on.
Third Party Cookies
We may someitmes embed widgets on a webpage such as media players or promotional links, for instance YouTube videos and Skype buttons. If you go on to a web page that contains embedded content, you may be sent cookies from those websites.
You may also see tools to 'share' to your friends through social networks - such as Facebook and Twitter. You may be sent cookies from these websites as well.
Since we do not control these cookies, we suggest you check these third party websites for information on their cookies and how to manage them.
How do I disable cookies?
1. If you want to disable cookies you need to change your website browser settings to reject cookies. How you can do this will depend on the browser you use. Further details on how to disable cookies for the most popular browsers are set out below:
For Microsoft Internet Explorer:
1. Choose the menu “tools” then “Internet Options”
2. Click on the “privacy” tab
3. Select the setting the appropriate setting
For Google Chrome:
1. Choose Settings> Advanced
2. Under "Privacy and security," click “Content settings”.
3. Click “Cookies”
1. Choose Preferences > Privacy
2. Click on “Remove all Website Data”
For Mozilla firefox:
1. Choose the menu “tools” then “Options”
2. Click on the icon “privacy”
3. Find the menu “cookie” and select the relevant options
For Opera 6.0 and further:
1. Choose the menu Files”> “Preferences”
What happens if I disable cookies?
2. This depends on which cookies you disable, but in general the website may not operate properly if cookies are switched off. If you only disable third party cookies, you will not be prevented from making purchases on our sites. If you disable all cookies, you will be unable to complete a purchase on our sites